Tinman
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: perth
Vehicle: 1991 hilux surf with 31" kuhmo kl71's

fitting spotlights

Post by Tinman »

hey guys
here's a challenge for the thinkers out there how do you wire in spotlights on top of a hilux surf, its get a roof rack and basket and id like to put four small/medium sized spotlight on the front, all i can think of is running it up by the side of the snorkle or drilling through at the back but id prefer to not have to do the latter of the two, the snorkle is a safari one and i recon i could make it hard to see but i was just wondering others thoughts.

cheers
Dadz Toy BFI

Re: fitting spotlights

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Tinman wrote:hey guys
here's a challenge for the thinkers out there how do you wire in spotlights on top of a hilux surf, its get a roof rack and basket and id like to put four small/medium sized spotlight on the front, all i can think of is running it up by the side of the snorkle or drilling through at the back but id prefer to not have to do the latter of the two, the snorkle is a safari one and i recon i could make it hard to see but i was just wondering others thoughts.

cheers
Run the wires inside the snorkel :wink:
Tinman
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Tinman »

wow i thought of that just as i clicked send, see great minds think alike :mrgreen:
so you dont recon any problems with that? because i only need to run one positive wire up it because i can use where the snorkle is fixed as the ground point there fore no drilling in the body needed :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

I'd run a neg too, minimum 3mm dia. as you gonna be pulling plenty current there mucka :wink:
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

As Rich said you want thick wires straight of the main battery via a relay and its own decent fuse.
Tinman
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Tinman »

yeah dw i will be using the propa stuff, i most likely will do it all next weekend because i will also be putting on my ironman 2" liftkit.

Return to “Surf & 4Runner”