Modification to your Toyota Surf or 4Runner
Tinman
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: perth
Vehicle: 1991 hilux surf with 31" kuhmo kl71's

hilux surf lift kit (ironman)

Post by Tinman »

hey guys how hard is it to fit a 2" liftkit on a 91 hilux surf?
and what tools do i need?
wim
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Vryheid
Vehicle: 95 hilux d/c Hilex

Re: hilux surf lift kit (ironman)

Post by wim »

Stuart it's not hard at all.You will need tools like jack, stands and basic spanners and sockets.If you have a vehicle lift and air tools it makes it just easier.We have a hilux surf at work that we are busy building into a 4x4 extreme machine.Its already got a lexus v8 engine in, front suspension has been changed to solid front axle ,prado gearbox and kzte tansfer case.The oke that did most of the work so far has left South Africa and is also staying in Perth now.We are busy building the body out to make space for the big wheels.Its a project that we do when we have spare time so it won't be finished too soon.
ImageImageImage
Tinman
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Tinman »

yeah it all looks straight forward, also any idea on body lifts? that sounds like quite a beast,
any idea where in perth the guy is?
cheers mate
wim
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Vryheid
Vehicle: 95 hilux d/c Hilex

Post by wim »

Stuart I have got no idea where he stays in Perth but I will ask as soon as I could get hold of him again. Stuart could I ask a favour, if possible would you find out if you could get the intake manifolds on the 22RE engine from someone around there and then we can try and make plan to get them to SOUTH AFRICA. We never had the 22RE engine in SA only the 22R which is a carburettor model so if we want to change it to fuel injection we need the 22RE intake manifolds. Your assistance would be appreciated
ImageImageImage
Tinman
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Tinman »

when i had my old sfa i was going to put a 22re engine in it, but i found it almost impossible to find one, here on the west cost they seem to be in verry short supply, however on the east coast they do seem to be a bit more popular, most of ours are imports. we have the same problem loads of 22r but hardly any 22re, unfortuantly the yanks got most of them, if you have the time or money id get a custom one welded up or do it urself. there have been some nice ones made that dont seem to hard, if you have a look on the net.
i will have another look round for you incase some have surfaced.

Return to “Surf & 4Runner”