Service centres open on Saturdays?

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
nicovh
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Ellisras
Vehicle: 2005 2.7 DCab 4x4 Raider

Service centres open on Saturdays?

Post by nicovh »

Good day,

Does someone know if there are Toyota service centres that service vehicles on Saturdays? I know other vehicle brands do, but don't seem to find a Toyota one.

This should be for Gauteng, preferably Pretoria.

Thanks
Nico
doggone
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Hilux 4X4 3.0 D4D

Re: Service centres open on Saturdays?

Post by doggone »

Fury Toyota in Darrenwood Jhb is open for services on Saturday

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
MCHILUX
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Centurion Gauteng
Vehicle: Mazda Rustler 16v

Post by MCHILUX »

McCarthy Toyota Centurion is open every Saturday from 8:00 to 13:00
venom38
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: johannesburg
Vehicle: hilux d4d

Post by venom38 »

Something to think about for all the lucky ones with their own businesses : The rest of us have to work normal office hours to get a salary and can do very little in the week between 8 and 5 so we do all our shopping either online or on Saturdays hence the reason why shops that are open on Saturday/Sunday does so well and online shops. It still baffles my mind when someone phones me on a weekday and ask if I can quickly come home or to his shop or something like that, because the answer is always easy, NO I am working like most of the people.

Ok after all that, I think workshops thats open on Saturdays is going to kill the old style workshops that thinks nobody has jobs and can/want to take off just to bring their cars in for a service
nicovh
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Ellisras
Vehicle: 2005 2.7 DCab 4x4 Raider

Post by nicovh »

Thanks guys. My reason for asking is that I reside in Ellisras and can keep you busy for a whole braai on "horror" stories from the local agent. I am thus not very eager to service here. I travel to the Gauteng region quite regularly to fetch my son who is in boarding school and it would help me immensely if I can service over a weekend whilst in the vicinity.
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

The last two posts got me thinking ....

service levels and service times .....

You dont have to search far to see my keyboard diahorea about the service levels at my local Toyota dealership. And these are not just a lot of empty bad mouthing. I actually Included Toyota SA, the Barloworld franchise head office, the other two branches of this three branch branchise in the Western Cape, this AFTER I physically spoke to the dealer principle after a number of my bad service experiences. Fair to say I really tried upping the service levels at my local dealership .... sadly no improvement over a 5 year period.

Now take this a step further. Friend buys an executive model from Citroen. During the last 6 months the car spent more time at the dealership than at my friends house ..... Let's just say the service levels here "was bad" .....

Local VW dealership ... no better ..... guys drive 30km further to get to a dealership that actually delivers service.

This industry has a serious problem with the lack of service levels !!!

Another friend actually puts in a day's leave, and does a 150km round trip to take his Toyota to a dealership where he gets supperb service.

The time of the service .... as a consultant I NEED my vehicle during the day !! So I certainly appreciate the call for services at other times. That said, few years back I had the following experience - 650GS had to go in for its service, which would require a 200km commute for the day in dropping it off and picking it up from the dealership .... so I asked the dealership in Stellenbosch what options they had for servicing it at "other times" ... Got a morning appointment, and a gauranteed 45 minute turn around, WITH a voucher for breakfast next door. Certainly set a level of service that would be hard for others to follow, and that on a relatively cheap vehicle ....

My local Toyota does offer a "night service". For me that works perfectly, drop off the vehicle in the afternoon, walk 100m back to the office and do some paperwork while the vehicle is being serviced. So the concept WORKS - just a pity their service levels are so pathetic ....

There are enough dealerships that offer night or Saturday services ... now if only more actually offered quality services !!
Dowe Koos
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Buschwagen 2.7 4x4

Post by Dowe Koos »

Hallo almal. Vir baie jare het ek self my voertuie gediens, reggemaak en gedoen wat gedoen moet word. Maar soos mens ouer word is daar sekere goed wat jy nie meer self kan doen nie. In my geval is dit my oe. Kan nie meer die fynere details sien nie. Dus is ek nou gedwing om my voertuie in te vat. My broer is n motorwerktuigkunde en die stories wat hy my vertel het laat my hare rys. Nou praat ek van groot bekende handelaars wat vyftig voertuie boek vir een dag en daar is net vier mwk. Daai manne moet net spark wat beteken dat hulle nie altyd die werk reg doen nie. Ander ding is hulle is onderbetaaal vir wat hulle werd is, dus hulle hart is nie by die job nie. Elke ou het n target wat hulle bereik aan die einde van die maand en hy word gepenaliseer as hy nie die target bereik nie. As jy in goeie voete is met die werkswinkelbestuurder, kry jy die lekker werk waar jy meer as jou target kan bereik en lekker bonus huistoe kan vat. Dit maak dat die ander ouens negatief is oor hulle werk en dan nie die gehalte werk moet lewer nie. Dit is n probleem so erg dat die manne gereeld bedank. Gelukkig het ons in Pretoria vir Louis Z wat goeie werk vir goeie prys ons voertuie doen.
Ecc 1:9 Wat gewees het, dit sal daar weer wees; en wat gebeur het, dit sal weer gebeur, en daar is glad niks nuuts onder die son nie.

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”