VIGO WIPER MOTOR REQUIRED

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Obelix and Dogmatix
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: ROODEPOORT
Vehicle: HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix, donated to some clown, HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix II Onca front and rear Amade extreme Suspension and under water breathing apparatus

VIGO WIPER MOTOR REQUIRED

Post by Obelix and Dogmatix »

Hello All

does anyone know where i can get a wiper motor for a vigo besides from the agents as they want R2700.00

It s a Bosch motor made locally! help as no one seems to have and I am leaving on Saturday morning.

Thanks

PS JHB area
Rules are there to make you think before you break them!!!
God made man before
woman so as to give him time
to think of an answer
for her first question
COMMON SENCE IS NOT A GIFT, IT IS A PUNISHMENT!! BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1994 2.2 4y 4x4 D/C Toyota Hi-Lux
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Re: VIGO WIPER MOTOR REQUIRED

Post by The Legend »

Hi Quentin

Buy for you a bottle of C-Thru .Applied as per instruction on bottle and drive your bakkie until you get a wiper motor.With C-Tru the water just runs of from your windscreen and you do not need wipers.
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”
Obelix and Dogmatix
Vehicle: HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix, donated to some clown, HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix II Onca front and rear Amade extreme Suspension and under water breathing apparatus

Okay so with Little (thanks Lollie) replies, I decided to try my hand again (3rd time, 1st semi successful lasted a month and a half, 2nd try no go) at recondition the wiper motor.

About half a bottle Q20, 2 tooth brushes and about 250ml of petrol I think I managed to get all the old and semi new grease out of the worm gear. the other half of the Q20 was used as a water repellent on the electrical circuit board.

Thanks to however suggested copper slip as a replacement grease on some earlier post, THANK YOU

Put a little bit of copper slip on the rear bearing and flooded the worm gear and electrical control plate with as much copper slip as I could.

re-assembled motor and tested, IT WORKED, R2223.00 saved (gemini parts R2223.00, stealers R2750.00).

now a little bit of advice to anyone trying to recon there wiper motor, make sure you now the position of the control arms as they can go back in about 4 different ways and also make sure that the rotational position of the control arms are correct, otherwise it is check remove then check again this can go on for about an hour as you cannot adjust the rotational position while the motor and linkages are installed.

and did I mention use as much copper slip as possible!!

Hopefully I will for at t be adding to this post at least a year couple of years.
God made man before
to think of an answer
for her first question
COMMON SENCE IS NOT A GIFT, IT IS A PUNISHMENT!! BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!
Oosie101
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: 2007 Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 AT
Club VHF Licence: X298

Post by Oosie101 »

Now I know where to go when mine starts giving trouble... Just around the corner with some beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Masekind
Town: Lichtenburg
Vehicle: 2005 Hilux 4x4 v6, LR tank, ARB Bumper. (iJzer)

Post by Masekind »

Oosie101 wrote:Now I know where to go when mine starts giving trouble... Just around the corner with some beer.

As ek my goed saam met bier try regmaak weet ek, ek gaan ander moet gaan koop :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
If you don’t build your dreams someone else will hire you to build there’s
Obelix and Dogmatix

Oosie101 wrote:Now I know where to go when mine starts giving trouble... Just around the corner with some beer.

At least six and a bottle of captain for after I will bring the coke.
God made man before
to think of an answer
for her first question

Return to “The Workshop”