Charity day - Atlantis 19 July - Mandela Day

pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Charity day - Atlantis 19 July - Mandela Day

Post by pietpetoors »

ADORE needs some 4x4 vehicle's to help at their charity day on 19 July 2013.
Last night I was told they need another 5 vehicles
Anybody who can make it?
Dear Member Clubs

Please see a request below from ADORE for participation on Friday, 19th July 2013.

This is an opportunity to support ADORE in its efforts to preserve the Dunes as a venue for all of us off roaders.

The Event : Mandela Day

Date: 19 July 2013
Time: 08:30
Venue: Atlantis Dunes – Gate 1

The event is organised by ADORE, partnered by the Biodiversity Department of the City of Cape Town.
Club nominated drivers from our local Clubs can assist by entertaining 20 kids from the community of the Town of Pella, by driving them around Atlantis Dunes in convoys. These 20 youngsters are from a vulnerable age group between the ages of 10 – 12 .

What is required:
Clubs who wish to participate should nominate experienced volunteer drivers ( maximum 2) who can each carry one or 2 passengers for the event.  Spectators are welcome. Please bring own refreshments and arrange for a permit.

Their contribution will be:  -  their time, - their vehicle, - fuel, - (Free entry for participants only)  
They need to act vey responsibly, have suitable vehicles and gear.

Volunteers should respond via email to friavie@gmail.com by 15th July with:  name, contact details,  vehicle details,  registration number and club affiliation.

The school will provide indemnities for the kids and 3 teachers.

Format & Activities:

• Once the kids arrive by bus, they will be presented with a welcome pack, consisting of healthy snacks & drinks (Including Drivers).
• Biodiversity will then conduct an Environmental Educational presentation to all the kids.
• After a safety brief has been conducted, the kids will be allocated as passengers to vehicles.
• They will be driven in convoys to enjoy what Atlantis has to offer.
• Sand boarding will also be included as an activity.

On behalf of ADORE
Yours Sincerely

Ashley
Acting Chairman AAWDC Cape
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Re: Charity day - Atlantis 19 July

Post by pietpetoors »

I see they say
Please bring own refreshments and arrange for a permit.
BUT last night I was told because the City is involved you will get a free permit so you do not have to arrange a permit
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Ashley
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux Raider 3l DC 2010
Club VHF Licence: D04

Re: Charity day - Atlantis 19 July - Mandela Day

Post by Ashley »

That is correct about the no need for a permit.

Thanks Pieter.

Return to “Western Cape”