Not quite sure?

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Not quite sure?

Post by OOOOMS »

Not quite sure how to put this....

I have recently noticed on the Forum, specifically newer forum members (first post or so) just posting problems pertaining to their vehicles....

Not to much of a problem with that, however surely the Forum is there to add value and it is a give and take situation, not so?

How do you feel?
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Re: Not quite sure?

Post by Thabogrobler »

The internet is a wonderful tool - even if you just use and abuse it for your own personal gain!
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
legend35
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Hilux 2700i
Club VHF Licence: HC262

Post by legend35 »

No not a problem.PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF :twisted:
2004 Hilux 2700i 4x4 Legend 35
ImageImageImageImage
Cowley branch and freeflow,long range tank,dual battery system,home made front and rear bumpers.
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Thabogrobler »

Oh, and free advice is, well, free?

Or is it?

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Thabogrobler wrote:Oh, and free advice is, well, free?

Or is it?
Dalk Thabo, maar my punt is, surely it is a give and take situation?
Royco
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: '09 D4D 3.0 Raider 4x4 D/Cab
Club VHF Licence: X88

Post by Royco »

I don't know... if I take myself for example, all I know about vehicles is that they need fuel to run.
Then I'm not even sure as to which is the best fuel... (you get the point).
So my contribution to the forum is, um, well, limited.
I'd love to be able to answer the guys posts and solve their problems like some of the gurus on the forum, but I can't.

There are a few really gifted people on this forum, that are able to help just by the description from the post. Those guys we solute!! And they make the forum work.

Maybe a rating of a "Helpful" status (like the sellers rating on BidorBuy.... ) - guess my status will remain 0.

M2cw
Image Image Image Image
AM Racing
Town: East London
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic V8

Post by AM Racing »

I think a big point of joining a forum like this is to learn from other peoples xperiences. Yes some more, some have a whole lot more and well, some have none. But the idea is to grow your experience through the experience of others. Not just in 4x4 driving, aftermarket accessories, trails ect ect but in the attitude of then sharing your experiences with others.

So if you dont know your battery from your spare wheel be free to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question only stupid people who drive Jeeps and get themselves stuck....heh heh heh

Just ask: someone will have an opinion and thats how it all starts!
ImageImageImage
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Royco wrote:I don't know... if I take myself for example, all I know about vehicles is that they need fuel to run.
Then I'm not even sure as to which is the best fuel... (you get the point).
So my contribution to the forum is, um, well, limited.
I'd love to be able to answer the guys posts and solve their problems like some of the gurus on the forum, but I can't.

There are a few really gifted people on this forum, that are able to help just by the description from the post. Those guys we solute!! And they make the forum work.

Maybe a rating of a "Helpful" status (like the sellers rating on BidorBuy.... ) - guess my status will remain 0.

M2cw
You are 100% correct Roy and AM, we are all here to learn and it may not be technical related but something in your own field of expertise will come up somewhere, be it HR, IR, insurance or whatever.
arnize2
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Wellington
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4X4

Post by arnize2 »

I think the point you are trying to make is that it seems as if some people join the forum just to find a solution to their problem and then they disappear from the forum, while if they stay active on the forum, they may have knowledge of something that advice are sought on.
M2CW.
Harold
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Howick
Vehicle: 1998 Hi-lux 2,4 S/cab (p); 1997 Hi-lux 2,4 D/cab (p)

Post by Harold »

some people join the forum just to find a solution to their problem and then they disappear from the forum

So be it - but many of us may learn from the answers.
Harold (Greytown, KZN)
http://www.alib.co.za/hilux.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

I think Dylan has summed in up pretty well. It's a spirit of learning and sharing knowledge. Yes there will be those that get the info that they want and then disappear .... is that really a loss? .... SWSWSW ... Some Will, Some Won't, So What.

Personally I welcome guys like Roy, they pose some interesting questions and challenge our expertise. We all learn from that .... no-one knows everything. In the process our 'Roys' will broaden their knowledge as well and be able to help others in time. Then hopefully some will also join the club, as Roy has done .... that strengthens us too. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
arnize2
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by arnize2 »

You see Roy, you are not a 0. Andy (and myself) will give you at least a 6.25. :tease: Yokes aside, I am exactly like Roy and know very little about the technical stuff, but I can be of assistance in other matters. That is what makes the forum nice for me. One can receive a lot from the forum and if you stick around, there will come an opportunity for you to share your knowledge with others.
Royco
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: '09 D4D 3.0 Raider 4x4 D/Cab
Club VHF Licence: X88

Post by Royco »

After my solar panel test, I was sure I'd go into the negative rating.... :alvarin:
I really do appreciate this forum, and would encourage everyone to contribute. :thumbup:

.. and hopefully I'll be a giver some day too! :cooldude:
Image Image Image Image
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Thabogrobler »

Roy, at least you stick around and join in the fun!

But I get what Mark says: Sometime certain individuals just 'parasite' some free advice and disappear into thin air.

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Thabogrobler wrote:Roy, at least you stick around and join in the fun!

But I get what Mark says: Sometime certain individuals just 'parasite' some free advice and disappear into thin air.
True Thabo, you can see em a mile away unfortunately, some stick around (few) and others contribute later :thumbup:
andrevt
Town: sasolburg
Vehicle: raider d4d

Post by andrevt »

eish julle maak my nou dom :yahoo: ek moet se ek het al baie inligting van die forum en lede gekry
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D 4x4
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

andrevt wrote:eish julle maak my nou dom :yahoo: ek moet se ek het al baie inligting van die forum en lede gekry
Nee Andre, jy was een van die ouens...ek ook so 6 maande terug wat my mielie af gesukkel het om pics te laai....en kyk nou, jy is 'n pro :wink2:
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Thabogrobler »

Al kan jy nie tegniese raad gee nie, dis mos nie al waaroor die forum gaan nie?

Jy kan ten minste 'n lawwe grappie vertel of 'n trip report skryf. Of 'n foto van jou Japanese girlfriend plaas - dis nou as jy 'Photo upload 101' onder die knie het

chopper

Post by chopper »

Hmmm..., sukkel nog steeds my mielie af :!: :lol:
Sal maar lat OOOOMS my hierie slag wys en nie net "forduidelik" nie :!:
Ek het al erg baie geleer vanuit die Forum, ek moes eers aangesluit het en toe my SFA en die KZ gekoop het :wth:
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Thabogrobler wrote:Al kan jy nie tegniese raad gee nie, dis mos nie al waaroor die forum gaan nie?

Jy kan ten minste 'n lawwe grappie vertel of 'n trip report skryf. Of 'n foto van jou Japanese girlfriend plaas - dis nou as jy 'Photo upload 101' onder die knie het
:thumbup: .... ma k'ons los liewer die 'Japanese girlfriend' solank uit. :D:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Thabogrobler »

Nooit!!

My vrou het vrede gemaak met my Jap girlfriend laaaaaaaaaaaaannnk voor ons troue - sy geniet dit selfs om met haar te ry!

Joseph Rakauoane
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Maseru
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux

Post by Joseph Rakauoane »

OOOOMS wrote:Not quite sure how to put this....

I have recently noticed on the Forum, specifically newer forum members (first post or so) just posting problems pertaining to their vehicles....

Not to much of a problem with that, however surely the Forum is there to add value and it is a give and take situation, not so?

How do you feel?
Speaking for my self. I have learned from this forum that with time I get to know many technical things, I feel that after some time I will be able to advice others. Infact am already doing that even though it may not be that much. What you raise is very important, I like it when you say the forum should add value. Thanks
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Thabogrobler wrote:Nooit!!

My vrou het vrede gemaak met my Jap girlfriend laaaaaaaaaaaaannnk voor ons troue - sy geniet dit selfs om met haar te ry!
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Ok ... nou verstaan ek beter ..... ek het dit letterlik geneem. :D: :thumbup:

andrevt
Town: sasolburg
Vehicle: raider d4d

Post by andrevt »

ouens
ons moet net cassie se brein hier oppi forum kan copy :dance1:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D 4x4
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

andrevt wrote:ouens
Now that would be dangerous.....very dangerous.... :!: :!: :!:
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Joseph Rakauoane wrote:
OOOOMS wrote:Not quite sure how to put this....

How do you feel?
Speaking for my self. I have learned from this forum that with time I get to know many technical things, I feel that after some time I will be able to advice others. Infact am already doing that even though it may not be that much. What you raise is very important, I like it when you say the forum should add value. Thanks
Yes Joseph, I believe every individual plays a part be it whatever, you for example live in Maseru and prob. know the place like the back of your hand and could ie offer assistance to fellow travellers, who have never been there :thumbup: Things that may seem insignifficant to you may well be of value to others :wink2:
Piesang
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: '99 Hilux SRX d/c 4x4

Post by Piesang »

Mud Dog wrote:
Thabogrobler wrote:Nooit!!

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Ok ... nou verstaan ek beter ..... ek het dit letterlik geneem. :D: :thumbup:
Dis nou as 'n man te lank op die forum is. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Omtrent 99.999999999% van 4x4 het ek hier op die forum geleer en hier het ek deur saam te gesels, te spot en partymal te raas goeie friende gemaak wat ek nooit anders sou he nie. Ja net soos jy 'n buurman of famielielid het wat jou net ken as hy iets nodig het, so gaan jy die ouens hier op di forum ook kry.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: vir goeie gesleskap as die werk my nie weg hou van die rekenaar af nie.

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

andrevt wrote:ouens
Met al sy verskillende persoonlikhede sal dit 'n forum op sy eie word! :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

arnize2
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by arnize2 »

Praat van baie leer!!!!! Toe ons by die forum aangesluit het, kon ek nie eens 'n rekenaar aanskakel nie. Nou doen ek alles self, insluitend foto's laai. Ek kan nou al selfs die eiendomme op ons webblaaie laai. My vrou is baie bly, want sy moes dit alles voorheen self gedoen het. :yahoo: :yahoo:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Siedaar!!! :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

And some okes just don't know when to shut up... :twisted:
Like me.... :tongue:
Mammabeer
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Sasolburg
Vehicle: Suzuki SJ410 (Grietje)

Post by Mammabeer »

Ek val ook seker onder die moaners en b****rs.... :D:

Eintlik is ek slegs hier as spy vanuit die Landrover kamp..... :mrgreen:

Seriously- ek het al soveel geleer hier- en lees elke post, gewoonlik in my lunchtyd......

Alle forums is so- party mense kan baie posts inrake en ander kan vir jare lurk en niks se nie.....

Ek isdeel van n ander forum- al 8 jaar lank.....ons het iemand vir gelurk het vir 4 jaar voor sy moed bymekaar kon skraap om haar eerste post te maak..... ;-)
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Pathfinder 2.5 LE AT
Club VHF Licence: X81

Post by Traveler »

Dit is moeilik. Ek is Administrator op ander forum nou al vir 5 jaar en jy kan sekere mense nie kry om aktief te raak nie as dit kom by post nie; MAAR hulle lees wel aktief. As ek wel eendag die oplossing kry sal ek hom deel.

Dit sal wel soveel beter wees as mens hulle net bietjie-bietjie meer aktief kan kry. Dit sal baie meer volume gee.

Ek dink dis maar iets wat mens aanvaar????

Know what you don't know.
J.C Avis
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Otjiwarongo
Vehicle: 2002 Toyota Hilux D/c 4x4 3.0 KZ-D-4D. Suspencion lift,160 liter spare tank. Navigator spots. Double battery system. Tour 'trallies'. Spare wheel carrier. Roof rack. Canopy.

Post by J.C Avis »

Dit bly ñ puik forum! Ek sukkel net die dêm fotos gelaai te kry. Die rekenaar werk bietjie anders as spil timing stel......
J.C Avis
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

Hi

I hear what you're concerned with oom Mark and tend to agree. Fact is we are not the same and as long as we do our bit maybe we will influence others to follow suit. Personally I have learnt a lot and contribute as much as I can and much as I know - but that is just the type of person I am. I will help wherever I can.

Here are a few things I have learnt in life (and they work for me):

1. Teach people how to treat you.
2. Respect others
3. It is ok not to know anything - but ask someone who does.
4. As much as you can, do good.
5. It is my responsibility to change how people think of me by showing them who I am
6. As much as I can I play a lot.
7. Make friends
8. Remain true to yourself and your values
9. Life is made up of priorities in order of importance, service them all. (i.e. work, family, church, self, play, etc.) but none should suffer because of the other.

Half the people I welcome on the forum are probably wandering what is Donkey doing on the forum? But then again I have nothing to loose in welcoming them and also there is the potential of meeting and/or learning something from someone. Not quiet sure either now.

One thing we have to give credit to other member(s) whom aren't as active/vocal, at least they sobered up when they made a decision to drive a TOYOTA, somewhere in their hearts they know they want to lead - it is just a question of believing in it, :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

I dunno if I'm making sense.
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Tumelo. a lot of truth in your words, I thank you for that :thumbup:
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

Thank you for believing in me also, :clap: .
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
FUDGES
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: D4D 3.0l

Post by FUDGES »

As jy nie jou advies op die forum "for free" wil post nie moet dan nie niemand dwing jou om dit te doen nie. Maar hoekom is google daar wat doen 80% van die mense op die www???

Hulle soek inligting meeste van die tyd om hul probleme op te los.

Ek is groot in die exotic voels in en hier in SA is daar omtrent geen inligiting of tegnologie om hulle suksesvol aan te hou nie. As dit nie vir die www was sou ek een teen 10 nie hulle kon aanhou nie. Ek maak die ouens mal op die voel forums en hulle gee glad nie om nie en ons is nou al sulke pelle dat een van aus al hier kom kuier het. As hulle dieselfde houding het as hier aangaan gaan hulle nie hul forum groei nie en dan gaan daar ook nie meer nuwe mense belangstel aan die voels nie,dit kan lui daar toe dat die mark dood sal gaan vir die voels(veral in SA)

As hulle nie die inligting wat hulle soek hier by ons gaan kry nie gaan hulle dit defnitief op n ander plek kry.

So ek dink verdra dit maar, want jy kan dalk 1 uit 20 ouens kry wat dalk hier gaan bly in later ook kan bydrae's maak

Ek het nou baie geskryf dis maar my manier om myself te verduidelik.
kfxnando
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

AM Racing wrote:I think a big point of joining a forum like this is to learn from other peoples xperiences. Yes some more, some have a whole lot more and well, some have none. But the idea is to grow your experience through the experience of others. Not just in 4x4 driving, aftermarket accessories, trails ect ect but in the attitude of then sharing your experiences with others.

So if you dont know your battery from your spare wheel be free to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question only stupid people who drive Jeeps and get themselves stuck....heh heh heh

Just ask: someone will have an opinion and thats how it all starts!
do you know how many hiluxes I have towed out of trouble with my Jeep??!! :twisted: :twisted:

IMO!! it is only polite and good manners to 1st introduce oneself!!

if one walks into a shot or what ever establishment, and just starts asking for advice, then the response might not be so favorable!!
if one is polite and greets and introduces one self then the attitude is often returned and help is often received!!

just how I see it!! :beach:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wim
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Vryheid
Vehicle: 95 hilux d/c Hilex

Post by wim »

Toe ek die eerste keer vir n 4x4 begin soek het en ek deur n friend aan die Hilux forum bekendgestel is het ek in een aand op die forum geweet n Hilux sfa is wat ek moet he.Ek het so n jaar gevat om een te kry en ek het omtrent alles van hom geleer op die forum.Ek is nou al so n rukkie hier op die forum en ek is bly om te kan se dat ek darem al so n paar ouens kon help met probleme en dat ek saam die do@#$%&der in was as iemand se bakkie gesteel was of ander moeilikhede ooorgekom het en dat ek saam bly was as daar Hilux vreugde was(as iemand erens n L/rover uitgesleep het of so iets.).My probleem is egter dat alhoewel ek vir die afgelope 22j n auto elektrisjien is en ek ook goeie meganiese kennis het,werkswinkel bestuurder is by n 4x4 fitment centre en ook n 4x4 instrukteur is van AORA is dit vir my moeilik om goed oor te sit in woorde en baiekeer vee ek n reply uit op n post wat ek omtrent n half uur aan tik om net weer te begin.So wat ek eintlik wil se is dat ek meeer luister as praat.Al wat ek weet is dis die greatste klomp ouens en frouens hier op die forum,mense wat kan sens praat oor enige iets van 4x4 ry,eiers kook en tot by jag.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Open Discussion”