Fuel into Zimbabwe...

Need some information for an upcoming trip or have questions about a camping site, etc, ask it here.
Xtreme 4x4
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: edenvale
Vehicle: Hilux

Fuel into Zimbabwe...

Post by Xtreme 4x4 »

Hi Guys, just wanted to find out whether we allowed to take fuel, in steel jerry cans across the border from Botswana into Zimbabwe? if so, how many litres are we allowed? Planning a trip to Mana and want to fill up in Francistown then Cross the border at Plumtree...
Xtreme 4x4
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Re: Fuel into Zimbabwe...

Post by Xtreme 4x4 »

Hey GUYs, where are all the well seasoned travellers? still travelling? or is this posted in the wrong section?
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

Hi Irfaan, Why not go in at Kasane. You are then right at Vic Falls and then also closer to Hwange and Manna Pools. I would rather put in long range fuel tanks before carring Jerry cans, then just fill the tanks and don't need to worry about anyone else at the border posts. When we were there in 2012 fuel could be obtained at most places, but fill up where you can for the places where you won't be able to get fuel. You must book a night at Chitaki Springs if you going to Manna Pools. Just be in your tent after dark as those Lions will actively hunt you, but it will be an experience to remember. Enjoy.
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
Xtreme 4x4
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Xtreme 4x4 »

Thanks for the response Edge, wish I had the budget for a bigger long range tank, I believe the fuel in Bots is of a much better quality and therefore wanted to take some extra in jerry cans if im allowed? Chitake springs sounds like a plan,, will definitely check it out!!

Return to “Route Planning questions/discussions”