Fuel filter light D-4D

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
boanergesza1
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux 3.0 D-4D 4x4 Auto Double Cab

Fuel filter light D-4D

Post by boanergesza1 »

Hi Everyone;

I need some help with my luxie. Its a 2011 3.0 D-4D DC that I bought secondhand with 65 000km on the ODO. Its been for one service at 70 000km since I've had it. Not long after the first service the fuel filter light came on. At first it flashed, then I drained the water but instead of water I got clean diesel ??? After that it was a steady on light.

It went to the dealer and they replaced the fuel filter and all is well. Im at 76 000km and gosh darnit the light is on again. Is this normal?
Omo
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Ford Ranger super cab 3.0 xlt 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC236

Re: Fuel filter light D-4D

Post by Omo »

You should check the diesel tank. Could be some old dirty fuel in there. Remember that the fuel filter is a cartridge one and is very sensitive. As soon as it gets a bit of dirt in the the sensor will come on. Rather change a filter than a injector or commen rail.
There a two kind of people. Those who pushes a door when it says pull and they who pull a door when it says push.
dervdave
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Sunderland
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0d

Post by dervdave »

Open the drain and let out any water etc then reset the light and see if the light stays off.
Buffel 1
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Kempton park
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0D4D Legend auto

Post by Buffel 1 »

Have the same issue :blackeye: 3rd time now :blackeye: once on a 2.5 now second time on 30d4d

If it flash it is water if it stays on it needs replacement ....read the manual for better description of the exact prognoses or difference
Trick is insist they replace it if vehicle has guarantee left strighdom Toyota did it for me else wait till next service cheaper then. Around R300 if you have it done on another time it will be close to R1000 they charge minimum 1 hr labour else it's half hour labour with service

Good luck with the stealers :tease:
dervdave
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by dervdave »

5 min job to change the filter yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9SLVYH2Dm0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
subok
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Jhb - Somerset West
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D4D 4x4 D/C - Kitted for overlanding
Club VHF Licence: HC152

Post by subok »

I replaced my 2006 Vigo's fuel filter today and took this picture of the gunk in the bottom of the filter housing. I then removed the whole housing and washed it properly. This is the second time I've had to replace the filter.
[img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/16/je7y2udy.jpg[/img]
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Last edited by subok on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boanergesza1
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux 3.0 D-4D 4x4 Auto Double Cab

Post by boanergesza1 »

Guess i'll have to change it then, thanks everyone. Its just annoying that in the 6 years I owned my 2.2 X-Trail not once did I have this problem. And its not like Im filling up with crap, Im at the SASOL putting in 50 ppm diesel.
dervdave
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by dervdave »

boanergesza1 wrote:Guess i'll have to change it then, thanks everyone. Its just annoying that in the 6 years I owned my 2.2 X-Trail not once did I have this problem. And its not like Im filling up with crap, Im at the SASOL putting in 50 ppm diesel.
Have you tried just resetting the light ?

Return to “The Workshop”